What is ISO 45001: 2016
The ISO 45001 standard includes the requirements of the health and safety management system (SMK3). The contents of international standards are similar to those of OHSAS 18001. The ISO 45001 standard is prepared with reference to using reference OHSAS 18001: 2007.
Some of the benefits of implementing ISO 45001 are:
- Companies can establish a systematic process to reduce the number of occupational accidents and can take into account risks and hazards, as well as legal and other requirements related to OHS management systems.
- Determine the hazards and risks associated with its activities and seek to eliminate such risks and hazards.
- Establish operational controls to manage risks and hazards, and the legal and regulatory aspects associated with SMK3 raise awareness of risks and hazards within the corporate environment.
- Evaluate the performance of OHS Management System and strive to improve on an ongoing basis.
- Workers ensure take an active role in SMK3 In a combination of steps that will ensure that the organization’s reputation as a safe place for work will be promoted.